Skip Barber Winter Race Series
Skip Barber Racing School is excited to announce a new season of it’s iconic race series. The 2016-2017 Skip Barber Winter Race Series will host 4 competitive events with more racing per weekend than ever before. This series provides unparalleled opportunities for aspiring professional drivers as well as anyone else looking to test their skills in a racecar.
- More Racing Per Weekend
- Less travel, less time away
- Arrive & Drive – the best driver wins!
- Great coaching
- Great Value, Limited Liability
- Scholarship Awards
In addition to the scholarship prize, the Winter Series Champion will be awarded the RACER Magazine “Top Gun Award”. This unique award will entitle the Champion of the Skip Barber Winter Race Series a full page write-up in one of the most important magazines in racing.
While the 2016-2017 Skip Barber Winter Race Series promises to showcase exciting racing on track, Skip Barber Driver Development will help further the careers of drivers off track. This recently announced initiative will offer eligible Skip Barber Racing School drivers a full suite of talent management services which will aide in launching professional careers.
With scholarship prizes, access to promotion, and talent management services, Skip Barber Racing School proudly continues its 40 year tradition of making racing dreams come true. It All Starts Here!
Learn more about Skip Barber Race Series events here!
Call today to save your slot today!
Current Point Standings:
The 2016-2017 Skip Barber Winter Series Schedule
- Rounds 1, 2 & 3 Palm Beach International Raceway COMPLETED
- January 18, 2017 – Lapping
- January 19, 2017 – Practice 1, Practice 2, Qualifying
- January 20, 2017 – Race 1 and Race 2
- January 21, 2017 – Race 3
- Rounds 4, 5 & 6 Atlanta Motorsports Park COMPLETED
- February 16, 2017 – Lapping
- February 17, 2017 – Practice 1, Practice 2 and Qualifying
- February 18, 2017– Race 1 and Race 2
- February 19, 2017 – Race 3
- Rounds 7, 8 & 9 Roebling Road Raceway
- March 29, 2017 – Lapping
- March 30, 2017 – Practice 1, Practice 2 and Qualifying
- March 31, 2017– Race 1 and Race 2
- April 1, 2017 – Race 3
- Rounds 10, 11 & 12 National Corvette Museum
- April 19, 2017 – Lapping
- April 20, 2017 – Practice 1, Practice 2 and Qualifying
- April 21, 2017– Race 1 and Race 2
- April 22, 2017 – Race 3
A La Carte Pricing
- Lapping: $1,550.00
- Race Weekend $5,595.00
- (2) Practice
- (1) Qualifying Session
- (3) Races
- Lead/Follow Lapping $1,200.00
Call 800.221.1131 today!
2016-2017 Formula Skip Barber Winter Race Series Awards
- 1st Place: Scholarship /Credits towards a Full Season in Race Series
- 2nd Place: $10,000 SBRS Credits
- 3rd Place: $5,000 SBRS Credits
- Most Improved: $5,000 SBRS Credits
- Rookie of the Year: $5,000 SBRS Credits
- Master’s Champion: $15,000 SBRS Credits
Since 1975, Skip Barber Racing School has been the leader in training motorsports legends of the future through entry-level, equal car championships. The athletes are given media exposure, expert coaching, on-track arrive-and-drive experience, financial awards and motorsports scholarships. Skip Barber Racing School launched the auto racing careers of Ryan Hunter-Reay, Juan Pablo Montoya, Sergio Perez, Gabby Chavez, Marco Andretti, Scott Speed, A.J. Allmendinger, Raphael Matos, John Edwards, Conor Daly, Josef Newgarden, Spencer Pigot and many more.
Skip Barber is the Official FIA Regional Training Provider for the United States
The FIA Institute is an international not-for-profit organisation that develops and improves motor sport safety and sustainability. It leads projects that encourage the rapid development of new and improved safety technologies, that facilitate higher standards of education and training, and that raise awareness of safety and sustainability issues.
It also promotes excellence and achievement in all areas of motor sport. It has become an authoritative voice on safety, sustainability, innovation and excellence in motor sport, with regular news and features on these subjects published both on its website and in print.