Lyons Wins Lime Rock by Long Shot
Saturday, May 29, 2010 Isaac Lyons completely dominated round seven of the BF Goodrich/Skip Barber National Presented by Mazda here at Lime Rock park today. Starting on pole, Lyons had an early battle with P2 starter Nick Andries over the lead position, but due to the battle for position behind him, Isaac was able to pull ahead and have a commanding lead. He won by 2.924 ahead of Spencer Pigot who drove a perfect race, followed by Nick Andries, Ashley Freiberg and Dennis Trebing. Freiberg set a new track record with the best lap time of 56.978
UNOFFICIAL RESULTS BFGoodrich/Skip Barber National Presented by Mazda May 28, 2010 Round 7 of 14, Lime Rock Park, 1.53-mile, 7 turn road course
(starting position in parenthesis)
1. (1) Isaac Lyons, Northern Ireland
2. (6) Spencer Pigot, Windermere, Fla.
3. (2) Nick Andries, Pinellas Park, Fla.
4. (5) Ashley Freiberg, Homer Glen, Ill
5. (3) Dennis Trebing, Cape Coral, Fla.
6. (7) Trent Hindman, Wayside, NY
7. (4) Felix Serralles, Haines City, Fla.
8. (11) Abdul Ahmed,
9. (12) Scott Heckert, Ridgefield, Conn.
10. (13) Brandon Newey, Indianapolis, Ind.
11. (8) Mukul Sud, India
12. (9) Scott Anderson, Fort Collins, Colo.
13. (10) Peter Ludwig, New Paltz, NY
Qualifying for round eight of the BF Goodrich/Skip Barber National Presented by Mazda at Lime Rock on Monday, at 10:40am, and race two at 5:00pm EST. Follow the races almost live with information and photos on twitter.com/SkipBarberNatl and look for the race weekend wrap-up on www.skipbarber.com. Live timing will also be available for this weekend at http://www.livetiming.net/skipbarber.