2014 MAZDASPEED Pro Challenge – Houston Recap
Braselton, GA. (July 1, 2014) – It was a thrilling weekend at the Shell & Pennzoil Grand Prix of Houston for Rounds 5 and 6 of the 2014 Skip Barber MAZDASPEED Pro Challenge! Racers took to the streets of Houston, Texas for two races and a weekend full of competition.
The battle for the championship heated up as Drake Kemper and Rookie Ben Albano took turns capturing the top spot. Kemper battled hard and earned a first place finish in round 5, leaving Albano in second and Robby Foley, of Randolph, New Jersey, in third. Albano came back strong in the next round of competition and reversed roles with Kemper who had to settle for second. Foley earned yet another podium finish of the weekend, securing third place for the second time in a row.
Kemper leads the championship points followed closely by Rookie Ben Albano and Veteran Bryan Hixon.
- Drake Kemper — 347 points
- Ben Albano —329 points
- Bryan Hixon —317 points
- Robert Foley—316 points
- Sarah Montgomery —290 points
- Felix Borodaty —266 points
- Zachry Lee —266 points
- Chris Beaufait —168 points
- Lucas Bize —115 points
- Johan Schwartz —95 points
- John Morton —88 points
- Pat Daly —84 points
- March 12-14 Rounds 1 & 2 Sebring International Raceway with Tudor United SportsCar Championship
- May 2-4 Rounds 3 & 4 Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca with Tudor United SportsCar Championship
- June 27-29 Rounds 5 & 6 Grand Prix of Houston with Verizon IndyCar Series
- July 11-13 Rounds 7 & 8 Canadian Tire Motorsports Park with Tudor United SportsCar Championship
- August 8-10 Rounds 9 & 10 Road America with Tudor United SportsCar Championship
- October 1-3 Rounds 11 & 12 Petit Le Mans at Road Atlanta with Tudor United SportsCar Championship
Stay up to date with the MAZDASPEED Pro Challenge by going to skipbarber.com.